Job Opening Title: Archives Assistant
Employer Name: Dominican Sisters of Springfield
Job Location: Springfield, IL
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Dominican Sisters of Springfield is seeking a part time Archives Assistant. The assistant will have the opportunity to engage in historical research, as well as assist in digital preservation and records management initiatives.
Dominican Sister of Springfield: Springfield, Illinois
Job Type: Permanent
Position will be 24 hours a week between Monday and Friday.
• Arrange and describe a series of DSOS archival files, performing minor conservation treatment as needed
• Process archival records according to current archival best practices
• Create Finding aids using archival standards
• Assist in making archived materials accessible to a wide range of users
• Assist in records management initiatives
• Work with the Archivist to implement at least two to three physical exhibit per calendar year
• Assist in fulfilling Reference request from researchers
• Assist in updating sister files (ensure preservation and maintain privacy and confidentiality of records)
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Prior library, archives and/or museum experience required.
• Good English writing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Advanced research skills.
• Good organizational skills essential.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision after initial training period.
• Capacity for learning Archival database software
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Maira Herrera at email@example.com