Norfolk, VA: PT Archives Processor, Old Dominion University
Colorado Springs, CO: Records Systems Coordinator, City of Colorado Springs
College Station, TX: Exhibits Specialist (term), George Bush Presidential Library & Museum (NARA)
Multiple Locations (CA, WA): Archives Technician, NARA
Washington, DC: Archives Technician, US Navy & Marine Corps
New York, NY: Content/Metadata Specialist (term), Viacom Media Networks
Cincinnati, OH: PT Archival Assistant, American Jewish Archives
Job Opening Title: Archival assistant
Institution/Organization Name: American Jewish Archives
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Cincinnati, Ohio
Years of experience required: 1
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The American Jewish Archives is seeking an archival assistant for the purposes of digitization of materials and the development of online resources.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Digitization of various archival papers, photographs, and objects
• Assisting archivists with stack maintenance, preservation and conservation
• Re-boxing and labeling of archival materials
• Reference desk and research duties may be required
• Work on the AJA online catalogue may be required
• Experience in digital imaging
• Basic knowledge of computers and Adobe Acrobat
• Good organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Previous work in a library or archives preferred
• Coursework in library science with emphasis on archival procedures preferred
• The applicant must be able to handle archival boxes weighing up to 30 pounds and be able to push archival carts.
This is a permanent, part-time position.
For further information please contact: Kevin Proffitt, Senior Archivist at Kproffitt@huc.edu or by phone at 513.487.3004.