Job Title Part Time Temporary Library Assistant
Job Category Brand Management
Job Location Richardson, TX
Job Status Temporary
Fossil Group is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil Group’s vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through its three core businesses: the Fossil brand; the Skagen brand; and a multi-brand watch portfolio business. This portfolio includes adidas, Armani Exchange, Burberry, Diesel, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Michele, Relic, Tory Burch and Zodiac. Fossil Group is constantly developing its businesses through core competencies in innovative branding, world-class design and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil has a part time temporary opportunity for a Library and Archives assistant. The assistant will use a custom built integrated library system to assist the Fossil Brand Archivist in cataloging various Fossil design resources. Additional responsibilities include:
• Copy and original cataloging
• Shelving and shifting books
• Periodicals management
• Rehousing special collections materials
• Assisting with current awareness posts on the Intranet
• Assisting archivist in organizing leather samples to create a materials library
• Maintain fabric material library
• Organizing Fossil’s product archives
• Perform other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience
• Current enrollment in or recent graduation from a library science program
• Attention to detail
• Experience or interest in using scanners and digital cameras
• Some knowledge of cataloging; completion or enrollment in Information Organization preferred
• Experience with Library of Congress Classification System
• Ability to lift up to 40 lb.
• Interest in fashion and design preferred.
Fossil is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Anyone requiring special accommodations to our normal application process please email applicationaccommodation(at)fossil.com and we will assist you.
Fossil is an American lifestyle brand, creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic design. Fossil stands for the optimism and creativity at the heart of American culture. Inspired by vintage design, we take the best from the past and update it for today’s consumers. Since 1984, we have shared our quality products with our fans as we celebrate living an authentic life. As we approach our 30th anniversary, we will continue to reinvent the best of vintage culture with a modern eye.
https://www.fossilgroup.com/careers/ Requisition ID 1404BR