Special Collections and Archives Technology Coordinator
Berea College is recruiting an individual to serve as the Special Collections and Archives Technology Coordinator. The Coordinator will report to the Head of Special Collections & Archives, but will serve as the primary coordinator of departmental systems and digital resources planning. The coordinator will provide vision for, and manage a variety of systems including, but not limited to the collection management system, the digital preservation system and will provide leadership for the redesign of the SC&A websites and Berea Digital. The Coordinator will primarily focus on the needs of SC&A, but will also work to improve service to students, faculty, and other researchers using various shared Hutchins Library systems (e.g. BANC, the online catalog, Berea Digital, and the Library’s website). The Coordinator will also become a member of the SC&A department team and will engage in professional activities and participate in various departmental and campus organizations as elected or appointed.
Position is currently funded for one year with the possibility of renewed funding for up to five years.
Requirements for this position are:
- A graduate degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution, Archival Studies, or a related discipline with equivalent experience in archives and/or manuscripts
- Minimum three years professional experience in an archive within an academic library environment or a separate university archive
- Demonstrate proficiency with well-formed XML; strong, facility with standards-based non-MARC metadata (eg. Dublin Core)
- Ability to investigate and learn new metadata standards as required, proficiency with PHP, LAMP or other similar skills
- Experience with information technology applications in an archives or library environment, including digitization technologies, collection management systems, and digital asset management systems
- Experience working with and preserving archival collections in non-textual formats, such as photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, and digital files; database design and web design
- Must have well-developed organizational, time, and project management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, initiative, leadership, creative energy and resourcefulness
- Must be self-directed, flexible and adaptable to change, analytical, creative, and results oriented and a team player
- Preferred experience working with collection management software such as Archivist’s Toolkit, Archon and/or ArchivesSpace; experience working with digital preservation systems; experience working with digital repository system
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
Full position and application directions here.
The review of applications will begin immediately. If you are selected for the position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
Berea College, in light of its mission in the tradition of impartial love and social equality, welcomes all peoples of the earth to learn and work here. Employment decisions are based on training, education and experience related to the requirements of the job. All applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
Source: Thanks to Rachel V. for this one!