Part Time, Permanent Position
Archivist for the Historical Society of Haddonfield Library
The Historical Society of Haddonfield is seeking a part-time archivist for its archives and library collections. The expectation is that this candidate will assume responsibility for the management of the library following a training period.
The Society’s Collections include major archival manuscript collections dating from the late 17th century to organizational records of currently active organizations, maps and deeds, and extensive photographic collections. It continues to actively collect records from its citizens and town organizations. It is part of the larger Historical Society of Haddonfield, a non-profit organization established in 1914 and dedicated to the preservation of the history of Haddonfield.
· Processing of collections including re-housing with archival materials
· Entering of materials into databases and creation of finding aids
· Work with the Library Committee on future directions and projects
· Work with volunteers and other members of the Haddonfield Historical Society.
· Maintain active presence with local archival community
· Near completion or have received a Master’s Degree in Library Science, Archives Management or History or comparable work experience
· Demonstrated experience in archives and knowledge of archival methods and techniques
· Ability to lift 40 pounds.
· Good organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work with volunteers on multiple levels
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database programs including PastPerfect
Duration & Pay
16-20 hours/week. $20 per hour. Weekdays. Permanent position. No benefits.
Send your resume, list of references and a cover letter via email to Carol Smith, Library Committee, Historical Society of Haddonfield, 343 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ hadhistlib(at)gmail.com
Closing date – June 30, 2014