Part-time Archivist Description:
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library (LNDL) seeks applicants for a part-time temporary Archivist position to support the Archives & Special Collections Department.
LNDL provides information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University, comprehensive-level universities located adjacent to each other in a residential area of northern Baltimore City.
The Archivist will work up to 19.5 hours a week under the direction and supervision of LNDL’s Head of Archives & Special Collections through June 2015. Responsibilities include:
· Process archival collections
· Perform reference requests
· Manage and train work study students
· Monitor reading room and interact with researchers when necessary
· Perform other duties as needed
· 1-2 years archival processing
· Have the ability to stand on ladders and lift 50 lbs.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Possess strong organizational skills
· Be customer focused and detailed oriented
· Comfortable working with discrete confidential material
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, scanning software, and social media platforms
· A bachelor’s degree in humanities or related field
· MLS with a concentration in Archives
· Knowledge of conservation and preservation
· Experience with AtoM, Archon, Archivists’ Toolkit or ArchivesSpace software
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references to:
Ms. Anna Clarkson, Head of Archives & Special Collections
Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library
200 Winston Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(no telephone calls please)
Deadline: Position open until filled