Job Type Full-Time
Requisition Number 21934
Listing Title Curator/Archivist II
Job Code 3445
Department Carl Albert Center (ACPVCARL)
Position address: Norman, OK 73019-4031
Application Deadline Open Until Filled
Work Schedule 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
Hours per week 40
Salary Range $37,500 – $39,500
The archivist is responsible to the assistant curator for the administration and development of the Center’s congressional archives. Advises the assistant curator in matters of collection development and policy, and is responsible for the development of related educational and outreach programs (exhibits, oral histories, educational packages, etc.). May be given responsibility for decision-making in specific areas of archival work designated by assistant curator or Center director. Builds relations with collection donors and patrons. Writes grant proposals. Interfaces with the center’s academic programs. Trains and supervises student employees. Uses established safety practices to protect health and safety of personnel and property. Has professional involvement in the activities of regional and national archival organizations. Performs all aspects of collection processing including accession, description and cataloging, determination of subject headings and standard terminology; preparation of finding aids, scope and content notes, and biographical descriptions; assisting onsite users. Coordinates scanning requests, uploading of digital files, and metadata creation.
– Master’s degree in political science, history, or library science; must provide transcript.
– 24 months professional archival experience with political papers or government records; preparation of exhibits and grant applications; encoding archival finding aids in EAD; and some supervisory experience.
– Familiarity with digital file formats and preservation standards as well as archival collections management systems such as Archon or Archivists Toolkit.
– Strong technology skills and experience.
Special instructions to applicants
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit http://www.hr.ou.edu/policies/tbtesting.asp.
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Applicant Documents
List of References
Listing date: 03-17-2015
Ability to lift moderate objects (15 to 44 lbs.).
Required Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in political science, history, or library science OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience; must provide transcript.
– 24 months professional archival or library experience.
Full position description and application instructions are on the University of Oklahoma job site, search requsition # 21934