Job Opening Title: Part-Time Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: NY Road Runners
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): New York
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 100,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR implements a unique nonprofit model that teams contributed and earned income to make all its efforts possible. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Position
New York Road Runners is looking for a project based part-time Archivist. This position will work on a variety of projects pulling together NYRR’s rich history for prosperity and display. Some of the project include: creating both a physical and digital archive of NYRR artifacts, an audit/inventory of what we currently have in our possession at all our spaces, a public display in the new Manhattan space and current. This position will also assist with the creation of an archive maintenance and exhibit storage plan.
• An undergraduate degree in Art History, Museum Studies or related field required.
• 2-4 years of experience working with archives or project exhibitions.
• Strong familiarity with current standards for physical and digital archives.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
• A graduate degree in Museum Studies or related field.
• Knowledge of history of running as it pertains to New York preferred but not required.
To apply, please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to humanresources(at)nyrr.org with “Part-Time Archivist” in the subject line.