Archives & Records Regional Administrator
Institution: Ky Dept for Libraries & Archives
Type of Position: Full-time
Possible Desk Coverage: Weekdays
Salary: $35,246.40 – $46,690.80 yearly at 37.5 hr/week
Benefits: State Benefits
• Serves as records management and archival consultant to local public agencies in a 26 county area in North Central Kentucky Region (see county listing below) by providing advice and assistance on recordkeeping issues.
• Provides guidance in the use of technology for recordkeeping.
• Must travel frequently.
• Administers and monitors records management grants awarded to local public agencies in the area.
• Provides local public agencies in the area with records management training and guidance through workshops and presentations.
• Works with local public agencies to create and revise records retention schedules.
• North Central Kentucky Region includes: Boone, Bracken, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Campbell, Edmonson, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Grayson, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Henry, Jefferson, Kenton, Larue, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble.
Qualifications / Experience:
Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Must have four years of administrative or management experience, at least two years of which must have been in professional records management, and/or professional archival experience in one or more of the following areas: appraisal, accessioning, description and/or the arrangement of documents. Graduate study in business, public administration, archival studies, history, or a related field will substitute for the administrative or management experience on a year-for-year basis. Professional records management and/or professional archival experience in one of the above areas will substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.