Job Opening Title: Associate Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: Go For Broke National Education Center
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Torrance, California/ Los Angeles, California
Years of experience required: 1 year
Position: Associate Archivist
Go For Broke National Education Center is seeking an Associate Archivist. The Associate Archivist is a grant funded full-time two-year position responsible for processing and cataloging mixed-media digital collections of oral histories, still images and textual materials for inclusion in the National Digital Archives of Japanese American Military Service. The Associate Archivist will also assist with program development as directed by the Digital Collections Manager.
• Index oral history interview videos using the Oral History Metadata Synchronizer.
• Catalog items using an open source web-publishing platform.
• Accession archival materials, both paper and electronic.
• Process, describe and rehouse collections according to current industry standards.
• Assist with development of a collections inventory; assist with development of processing plans, appraisal evaluations and finding aids.
• MLS/MLIS or MA in History with a concentration in archives.
• Minimum of one-year experience working in an archival setting.
• Experience with archival processing standards and procedures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact well and cooperate with colleagues.
• Experience with recognizing, identifying and describing textual, still image and audiovisual materials.
• Familiarity with different media formats and types of metadata.
• Experience with working in a non-profit or educational environment.
• Familiarity with Japanese American History and/or Military History.
Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include “Associate Archivist” in the subject line. Application screening will begin on June 5, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.