The Assistant Archivist is a two-year, full-time National Endowment for the Humanities-funded grant, union position. It will focus on the digital reformatting of older analog materials on lacquer disc and tape (1938-1970). All reformatted items are to be cataloged using a PBCore metadata schema with an eye to exporting all entries as MARC records. The Assistant Archivist will work closely with the Senior Archivist and Archives Manager and web content producer and will be expected to meet series of production deadlines involving preservation-quality transfers of historical audio materials.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reformat & digitize audio materials on an ongoing basis
- Organize, catalog and re-house historical sound collections
- Project planning and working under a deadline
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned tied to blogging and web production