Date Posted: 05/27/2015
Closing Date: 06/30/2015
Working Title: Records and Information Supv
Hiring Agency: Transportation Dept
Location: St. Paul
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Posting Number: 15DOT000202
Employment Conditions: Permanent, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
Travel Required: no
Job Grouping: General Administration
Classified Status: Classified
Job Description: This position is the senior expert for MnDOT on agency-wide electronic and non-electronic records and information management issues and is an integral part of the Office of Chief Counsel. This position directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of the agency records and information management (RIM) program across the entire agency and supervises the RIM staff. The RIM program encompasses all aspects and lifecycles of records and information management across the entire agency to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, to minimize the legal, financial, and operational risks associated with managing records and information, and to protect MnDOT institutional knowledge and records that are of essential and historical value.
* A Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in information management, library science, public administration or a similar records and information management (RIM) field.
* A minimum of five years of progressive RIM experiences and responsibilities in a large, complex organization.
* A minimum of two years of experience directly overseeing a RIM program, which includes supervising staff.
* Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the various record and information types created and maintained in a government or corporate setting, and the ability to research updates to such laws and regulations.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations regarding the obligation to preserve evidence for litigation and best practices to suspend retention schedules and issue legal holds.
* A strong understanding of technology as it relates to a RIM program, including systems for creating, storing, and organizing electronic information and software, and RIM database management tools and related technologies.
* Proficiency with electronic records databases, including archival and back-up mediums and other business systems.
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation and persuasive skills necessary to effect change across the organization and develop a commitment to high-quality records management.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and drive projects through completion.
* The ability to build effective relationships at all levels and functions of an organization.
* Past experience implementing tools and systems to automate the governance of records and information.
* The ability to evaluate the effectiveness of a RIM program using maturity models and to offer and implement improvements.
* A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in information management, library science, public administration or similar information and records management field.
* Designation as a Certified Records Manager (CRM) by the Institute of Certified Records Managers or American Records Management Association or eligibility to begin the certification process;
* Experience working with attorneys, the Legislative Auditor, archivists, or other government entities on records and information management issues;
* Project management skills sufficient to design and plan projects, analyze cost-benefit considerations, establish time and cost controls, monitor progress and evaluate project results.
Read the complete posting and apply at the State of Minnesota Jobs Page – Posting Number: 15DOT000202