Job ID: 236536
Business Title: Photo Archivist
Civil Service Title: COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
Job Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Proposed Salary Range: $ 55,000.00 – $ 62,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location: Flushing Meadow Pk Olmsted Ctr
Division/Work Unit: Deputy Comm For Capital Pro
• Under direct supervision of the Director of Systems & Analysis, with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, maintain, catalog and preserve the Parks Department’s photo archives collection.
• Manage all aspects of the photo archive reference services for the general public, including fee collection, material selection and completion of applicable documents for visual work releases.
• Assist agency staff with material selection for publication/display; draft user policies and related applications/forms; contribute content to the photo archives page and monitor requests on the Agency’s Internet page.
• Preserve and maintain photo archive materials and documents, including accession records for all photographic collections.
• Supervise and perform the cataloging of the photo archives collection with accepted industry standards, making it easily accessible in a customized, in-house developed database.
• Monitor the condition of the photo archives collections and make recommendations to the Director of Systems & Analysis for its preservation.
• Identify and pursue funding opportunities or support for ongoing financial needs and/or special projects through grants.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Art History with an archival studies certificate and/or 3 years of experience in library, photographic archive management or curatorial experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal, customer service and presentation skills.
3. Experience with digital print production using graphics software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
4. Knowledge of New York City history (1850 – present), monuments, public art and architecture.
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period.
1) Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting Activities
2) Search for Job ID#: 236536
Include your ERN on all correspondence.
For all other applicants:
1) Go to http://www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 236536
Olmsted Center, Queens
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
POST UNTIL: 04/15/2016
POSTING DATE: 03/25/2016