Job Opening Title: Document Management Specialist
Institution/Organization Name: Rose International
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): St. Louis, MO
Application Deadline: 10/10/2016
Link to job posting: http://www.roseit.com/Jobs/241924.html
Years of experience required: 3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Please forward resume to Debbie Lodge, firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
Position Title: Document Management
• The ideal candidate should have experience dealing with engineering drawings or the ability to learn within a short period of time.
• This position entails a daily heavy workload of drawing requests/returns from different locations so the individual needs to stay on task to avoid getting behind.
• Since there will be a HEAVY WORKLOAD of drawings, excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
• The individual needs to have the courage to reach out, ask questions, or express concern if they fill they are overwhelmed with the workload.
• Project Wise is the drawing management software and experience with the software is not required, but it is an added bonus.
• CAD experience is not required, but the individual should have some understanding of electronic drawings and how the drawing control process works.
• The maintenance and administration of records and document management using an electronic drawing/document management system.
• Ensure that Document/ Drawing Control and Records Management procedures are followed with records and documents generated from project vendors.
• Knowledge and experience in records and document management is essential.
• Compliance to requirements such as document revision control, record retention protocols, document categorization and electronic document management system standards is critical to the success of this position.
• Administer document control procedures for various projects and departments.
• This requires maintaining both confidential and public records, distribution lists, and files.
• Documents will be maintained electronically in clients electronic drawing or document management system.
• Create and disseminate timely information to support Substation and Transmission Line Design.
• Electronically file documents within client’s compliance to the guidelines of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
• Prepare spreadsheets, presentations, and reports as directed
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Effectively handle sensitive/confidential information
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college or Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Three or more years of document control experience required, preferably supporting a team of engineering professionals.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook
• Great communication, organization, and human relations with the ability to perform work confidentially required.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a team environment.