Job Opening Title: Archive Support Technician
Institution/Organization Name: TATE, Incorporated
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Ft. Belvoir, VA
Application Deadline: open
Link to job posting: https://www.tate-inc.com
Years of experience required: Open
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Please apply via our website: www.tate-inc.com
Job description below:
**Note: position requires a Secret security clearance.**
Job Description and General Responsibilities
Provide archive and records management support to a government organization to include artifacts, documents and other media. Update and implement an Information Management Plan with emphasis on electronic records management of historical records and artifacts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Organize hard copy and soft copy records, Prepare records for digitization, prepare materials for shipment, receive digitized materials and store in the electronics record management system.
– Organize records and materials so they can be easily retrieved by the customer utilizing SharePoint.
– Perform maintenance and inventory of records, artifacts, archival documents and electronic media IAW DoD standards
– Catalog archival documents, artifacts and electronic media IAW with DoD standards.
– Organize, document and prepare artifacts for storage or shipment.
– Organize and maintain an electronic records management system using SharePoint and following DoD information management policies and processes.
– Assess the condition of the electronic archives and recommending remediation or other mitigation.
– Implement processing procedures which permit efficient and continued control over specific groups of records/collections undergoing processing.
– Development of finding aids and quick reference tools for collections within the Archive.
– Report generation, including total records and information management context reports, or other products with a listing of collections in the archives.
– Create/update archival procedures related to collections, reference, preservation, instructions, procedures, and correspondence.
– Performs advanced professional archival research and reference services.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Archival Science, Museum Studies, or
History with a collections/archives management or museum studies concentration.
– Demonstrated job or school experience with basic preservation and conservation standards for archival and manuscript collections.
– Demonstrated knowledge of archival theory and practice and national data content and structure standards related to archival control of collection materials.
– Demonstrated knowledge of archival and library management systems.
– Professional experience arranging and describing for archival collection.
– Previous experience in a Federal Government setting or government contractor.
– Strong technical expertise with digital objects in a library or cultural heritage organization.
– Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with digital stewardship issues, tools, standards, and best practices.
– Familiarity with metadata standards relevant to archival collections.
Special Skills and Abilities
– Mid-Level knowledge of MS SharePoint software. Site Content Administrator level able to create sub-sites, libraries, pages, workflows and assign metadata.
– Knowledge of MS Office.
– Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, including document conversion and development.
– Knowledge of arrangement, content, and servicing of historical collections and working knowledge of other collections and procedures used to access them.
– Knowledge of methods, procedures, and techniques used to assist researchers and staff members in locating and retrieving documents and other archival materials.
– A working knowledge of protection methods used for historical documents.
– Skill in organizing information in a logical and easily understood manner for use by researchers.
– Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
– Ability to work with a wide variety of professional and senior personnel in areas requiring sensitivity and tact.
The job requires the ability to lift boxes of records up to 45 pounds several times a day.
The job is performed in a general office environment.
Secret Clearance required.