Job Opening Title: Processing Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: Kennesaw
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Kennesaw, GA
Application Deadline: November 11, 2018
Link to job posting: https://kennesaw.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=30368
Years of experience required: 3 years related experience
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Department of Museums, Archives, and Rare Books at Kennesaw State University seeks an energetic, collaborative, and forward-thinking processing archivist to create, manage, and enhance data for university records and manuscripts collections. Processing and cataloging of university records and items from the Bentley Rare Book Museum will constitute the majority of the position’s work load.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Experience in accessioning, arranging, describing, and preserving university records and manuscripts in multiformat collections, including born-digital, audiovisual and photographic materials.
* Knowledge of current nationally accepted archival principles and descriptions standards, such as DACS and EAD.
* Experience with bibliographic MARC-format cataloging, and familiarity with content standards and controlled vocabularies, such as RDA, LCSH, AAT, and DCRM.
* Experience using ArchiveSpace (preferred) or other collection management systems.
* Familiarity with efficient archival processing techniques, such as those outlined in Greene and Meissner’s “More Product, Less Process” (MPLP), or other approaches.
* Knowledge of basic preservation and conservation standards for archival materials.
* Ability to successfully train and direct the work of student assistants in processing tasks.
Applications are accepted until NOVEMBER 11, 2018. All applicants must submit materials through the Human Resources site: