Job Opening Title: Archives intern
Institution/Organization Name: Cartier North America
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): New York
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Overview:
Under the supervision of the Archives Manager and Archivist, the Archives Intern will assist with the basic research, processing, and conservation projects of the archives department according to international standards for archives maintenance and preservation.
• Assist with ongoing cataloging projects
• Perform research using materials found in the archives
• Maintain & develop finding aids for collections in process
• Assist with basic conservation and rehousing projects
• Assist with special projects, as required
• Master’s degree or currently working towards a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Records Management
• Familiarity with thesaurus construction and controlled vocabularies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent organization skill
• Accurate attention to detail is required
• Interest or experience in art history a plus
• French language skills a plus
This is a temporary position and not eligible for benefits.
Hours: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Duration: Approx. 9 months from start date