Job Opening Title: Animation Project Cataloger
Institution/Organization Name: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Beverly Hills, CA
Link to job posting: https://www.oscars.org/careers
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Job Summary:
The Animation Project Cataloger is responsible for cataloging a large collection of drawings and animation cels related to the animated feature film Arabian Knight (also known as The Thief and the Cobbler).
This is a temporary (for about 7 to 12 months) part-time (20-24 hours per week) position in the Graphic Arts Department of the Margaret Herrick Library and reports to the Production Art Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create catalog records in the Academy’s Adlib database.
• Fold and box materials.
• Assess materials for conservation.
• Assist with the selection of materials for weekly conservation photography orders.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor of Art in Film Studies or Art, preferably working toward a Master’s degree.
• Prior library or archives experience, preferably in a special collections environment.
• Practiced in handling fragile materials.
• An interest in the history of animated film and familiarity with the mechanics of hand-drawn animation.
• Strong computer skills.
• Pleasant personality and ability to work successfully with colleagues.
• Attention to detail and orderly work habits.
• Self-motivation, dependability, efficiency.
• Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
• Ability to lift and move moderately heavy boxes up to 20 lbs.
To Apply: https://www.oscars.org/careers