SEPTA is seeking a Records Management Specialist for our I.T./Records Management Department. This position will be based in Center City, Philadelphia.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Information Technology with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with large volume records management systems.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000.
Performs complex analytical tasks related to all aspects of SEPTAs Records and Information Management Program that ensure compliance with federal, state, and internal records management requirements. Provides active records and information management guidance to all departments under the direction of the Records Supervisor, including coordinating offsite storage transactions of deliveries, pickups, and dispositions, as well as realizing the addition of new records series to the Records Retention Schedule. Trains staff in best practices and assists in the continual improvement of SEPTA’s Records and Information Management Program.
- Coordinates format neutral records and information management services to in-house customers at multiple levels of management.
- Assesses and makes recommendations for improvements to departmental-level file plans, storage and organization methods, and equipment and space usage of data, information, and records in physical and electronic formats.
- Reports on, updates, and maintains records and information management systems across the organization.
- Assists in the development of corporate governance policies and procedures for current and new technological initiatives.
- Provides records and information management procedures training to SEPTA staff in formal and informal settings.
- Performs and/or oversees the data entry of departments’ records inventory information into enterprise-level applications to ensure accuracy and compliance with SEPTA’s Records Retention Schedule.
- Applies the Records Retention Schedule to inactive records and creates Destruction Authorizations for review and approval.
- Analyzes the classifications and retention values of SEPTA records that require addition to the Records Retention Schedule. Conducts necessary legal research to support SEPTA’s defensible disposition state and ensures its compliance with federal or state recordkeeping regulations.
- Assists users with records conversion projects, e.g., creating digital images from physical formats, to improve accessibility or to promote disaster recovery initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends and new methods related to records management, information governance, and enterprise content management.
- Travels within the SEPTA System to ensure Records and Information Management Program compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree with course content that includes library science with a records management or archives focus project management, and/or information technology and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with large volume records management systems required. This experience should include exposure to creating records inventories, managing electronically formatted records and information, and identifying information lifecycles through business process analysis and research.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education (i.e., two (2) years’ of related experience, equating to one (1) year of formal post high school education) may be considered in lieu of the above requirements.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) qualification or ability to sit for CRM exams preferred.
- Ability to set task priorities, plan, and manage short-term projects and meet deadlines required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Well-developed ability to write, create, and deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences required.
- Must possess the ability to understand and carryout both written and verbal instructions.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
To apply for this job, please visit SEPTA’s website: https://autohire.careershop.com/septajobs/JobSearch/JobCenterViewCndt.asp?JobAd_Id=964846