Job Opening Title: Internship
Employer Name: TMZ
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: 4/29/19
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: TMZ is seeking a Metadata Intern who will report to and work directly with the Metadata Coordinator. The Metadata Intern will be responsible for describing TMZ’s digital assets and work on projects to cleanup and standardize the company’s backlog of digital objects. The ideal candidate should be working towards a Master’s in Library & Information Science, or a related field.
• Experience creating and QC’ing descriptive metadata
• An understanding and familiarity of modern information science theory, standards, and practices and their implementation
• Review and update incorrect and missing metadata for new and existing video and audio content in the Digital Asset Management System
• Experience with standardized taxonomy and folksonomy
• Previous experience creating and editing Dublin Core metadata records
• Detail and task oriented with the ability to work independently
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and similar systems
• Requires effective communication skills and ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
How to Apply: PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO JOBS@TMZ.COM
TMZ goes where stars work, live, and play and takes its audience into a world where the reality is even more fascinating than the hype. TMZ breaks the biggest stories in entertainment as only it can with accuracy, irreverent humor and youthful energy. TMZ connects with the public across its broadcast and digital platforms by providing a fresh, unvarnished, and honest take on celebrities and their real lives. The TMZ brand is the most trusted, the most talked about, and the highest quality entertainment news outlet in the world.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.