Job Opening Title: University Archivist
Employer Name: Lawrence University
Job Location: Appleton WI
Application Deadline: May 6, 2019
Link to job posting: https://lawrence.peopleadmin.com/postings/91
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Seeley G. Mudd Library at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin seeks an enthusiastic, creative, collegial, and service-oriented University Archivist who will be responsible for administering, planning, developing, organizing, processing, and providing public service and access controls for the University Archives. In addition, the Archivist serves as a reference librarian and provides service at the library’s reference desk, including nights and weekends, in regular rotation with five other librarians. This is a library faculty position with rank and responsibilities.
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and the viewpoints and approaches that a diverse community represents. We strongly encourage candidates who can contribute to diversity at Lawrence to apply.
• Masters degree with an archival specialization or certification, from an ALA-accredited library school.
• Commitment to high quality public and technical service.
• Commitment to outreach to the campus and larger communities.
• Ability and desire to energetically promote the archival program.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of undergraduate students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds
• Interest in and/or experience with developing inclusive pedagogies to address the needs of a diverse student body
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of integrated library systems and archives information management systems.
• Experience with digitization and understanding of digital asset management and institutional repository systems.
• Sense of humor
See http://www.lawrence.edu/ for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community (but you knew that).
For a full position description and to apply: https://lawrence.peopleadmin.com/postings/91