Job Opening Title: Administrative Specialist I
Employer Name: KDLA
Job Location: Frankfort, KY
Application Deadline: 4/29/19
Link to job posting: https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=kypersonnelcabinet&id=7434&m=-6&u=12811&fbclid=IwAR0znSGmjc-YBs0-hRXmjbu6rc5YkSmlauPVm4-wbyGWM6xwbCcY6qKGUmU
Years of experience required: 0-3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Advertisement Closes
4/29/2019 (8:00 PM EST)
Administrative Specialist I
Pay Grade 09
Salary $1,823.90 Monthly
Executive Branch | Chapter 18A | Full Time, Eligible for Overtime Pay | 37.5 HR/WK
Education & Workforce Development Cab | Department for Libraries & Archives
300 Coffee Tree Rd
Frankfort KY 40601 USA
It is the mission of the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives to provide information access for the citizens, businesses, and agencies of the Commonwealth. To help the state maintain its competitive edge, the department offers comprehensive services which assure that our clientele have access to information resources: virtual, physical and human. As one of 10 state agencies in the country to combine library, archival, and public records programs, the department is uniquely positioned to meet these needs.
The Administrative Specialist I position will be located in the Archival Services Branch. The position will be for administrative support to the branch and will be the point of contact for the Archives Research Room.
The preferred candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, analyze problems, communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing, and work cooperatively with a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serves as the point of contact for the Archives Research Room by providing desk coverage and assisting customers.
• Will input all correspondence requests receive by the Research Room in the database.
• Tracks and maintains database of requests received from origination to completion.
• Creates reports from logs to compile monthly statistics for services provided.
• Reviews agency website for needed updates
• Determines preservation need for archival collections.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail and UPS packages for the agency.
• Provides administrative support to division staff.
• Reviews and maintains handouts and updates as necessary.
• Drafts routine correspondence, tracks expungement orders, and maintains expungement records.
• Creates, organizes, and maintains finding aids for microfilm and original records to assist customers in the Archives Research Room.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
A passion for information literacy and a dedication to quality customer service is highly preferred.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Three years of experience in business, administrative work, research, or clerical experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: College will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Administrative, business, research, or clerical experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months. For additional information refer to: https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/kar/101/001/325.pdf
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Jennifer Patterson at Jennifer.Patterson@ky.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D