LAC Group is seeking an Archivist/Researcher to work for a Federal Agency in the Washington, D.C. Area. The Archivist will manage all day-to-day operations of the archives including research and reference support, accessioning new material, maintaining existing collections, and conducting interviews to capture oral histories. The Archivist will research and create historical research products including articles, and select and prepare material for digital collections and online exhibits. The selected individual must be able to pass a background check.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Archives and Records Management program
- Conduct accessioning of new material including appraisal, description, and preservation; create and maintain finding aids
- Conduct research on agency history, and perform legislative and legal research
- Update and maintain material in a digital archive
- Support special projects including research and presentation for exhibitions
- MLS/MLIS from an accredited program with an archives specialization or archives coursework; or be within 6 months’ of completing such a program.
- Certified Archivist (current or provisional) preferred
- At least 6 months working in an Archives preferred with practical experience in arranging and describing new accessions
- Knowledge of copyright, FOIA, laws and NARA guidelines for federal records
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Dreamweaver, CONTENTdm (or similar system), Adobe Acrobat, and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Dublin Core and MARC 21
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to plan and prioritize work under tight deadlines to meet short-term, medium, and long-term goals