Job Opening Title: Summer Data Informatics Archives Intern
Employer Name: Rochester Electronics
Job Location: Newburyport MA
Link to job posting: https://workatrochester.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=92
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Position Title: Data Informatics Intern
Reports To: Manager, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Mentor: Data Informatics Analyst
The Data Informatics Intern codes, constructs scripting elements, and builds reports producing Manufacturing Metrics under mentor oversight. This activity includes developing custom code to both generate the metrics and to enable easy launch of analysis methods by user. Position focus is centered on creating SQL Script, applying to Business Objects, integrating with JMP, Visual Basic, Power Query, and producing interactive charts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
– Code script using systematic and efficient methods
– Write scripts to produce targeted metrics and structured to promote easy analysis by user.
– Build interactive charts/graphics to facilitate data drilldown by users
– Document code per industry standards
– Collaborate with internal customers to understand and deliver reporting needs.
– Backend reporting on MEF Metrics using Excel Visual Basics, Power Query, Business objects chart build, JMP script writing
– Current College Student with Computer Science or coding background.
– Demonstrated ability to generate code/scripts either in academic course work or in previous successful internships or employment.
– Creates, de-bugs code, navigates in SQL, Power Query, Visual Basic, Excel.
– Documents in a thorough and standardized manner.
– Able and willing to work in Office-setting.
– Constructs and presents at end of term summary of project accomplishments.
– Desktop computer, Laptop computer and office equipment.
– Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
– Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, developments in e-commerce and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
– Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
– Ethics/Values & Integrity/Trust – Adheres to core values in good times and in bad and acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches; is widely trusted; is seen as a direct and truthful individual; keeps confidences; doesn’t blame others for his/her own mistakes or misrepresent him/herself for personal gain or protection; practices what he/she preaches.
– Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
– Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peer with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
– Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
– Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers