LAC Group is seeking an experienced Rare Book Cataloger to work for a major Federal Agency in Washington, D.C. The selected individual will analyze and classify legal materials using the Library of Congress Classification (LCC) system updating Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and making other required changes to the bibliographic record. This is a one-year full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Work in the cataloging module of the Integrated Library System verifying the accuracy of the linked record, updating LC Subject Headings and adding LC Classification Numbers and Cutter Numbers.
- Keep an accurate record of all work performed.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited university is preferred, but not required
- At least one (1) year of experience classifying legal materials using the LC Classification “Class K” system
- Working knowledge of Latin and a general understanding of legal history and the development of the field of law
- Experience with the Voyager ILS is preferred