Job Opening Title: Digital Asset Manager and Archivist Consultant for Photographer’s Studio
Employer Name: Geoffrey Biddle Studio
Job Location: New York, NY
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Project Based Consultant needed to develop database for active photography studio and archive
· With studio staff and artist, provide input on design of database such as necessary fields, layout, and organization
· Perform, catalog, and process digital asset management of analog and digital photography collections
· Organize existing metadata from Lightroom into format that can be imported into database
· Apply archival standards to organization, labeling, storage, and preservation of digital and analog photographic works
· Set up a data backup system for database
· With studio staff and artist, create system of best practices for interacting with digital and analog photographic works both in studio and storage
· Communicate and collaborate with studio staff so they are able to use, manage, and add to database in future.
· MA preferred with primary study in one of the following areas: Library Science or Photographic Preservation and Collection Management and/ or a minimum of 5 years experience working in databases/ archives at artist studio, museum or library. Photography collection experience preferred.
· Candidates must possess a friendly and professional manner with excellent organizational and communication, verbal and written skills, and high attention to detail
· Knowledge of archives theory and practice
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated knowledge of metadata and best practices in archival standards and applications.
· Time-line: Project for consultation expected to last for approximately four months or until previously defined benchmarks have been met
· Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Asset Manager and Archivist Consultant”.