Job Opening Title: Department Coordinator, Film Archive
Employer Name: Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences
Job Location: Hollywood, CA
Link to job posting: https://oscars.org/careers
Years of experience required: 2+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Summary:
The Academy is seeking a highly dedicated and dependable individual to serve as the Department Coordinator of the Film Archive. This role reports to the Director of the Film Archive and requires an understanding of the department’s overall business
• Provide high-level support to the Director and the department.
• Maintain lines of communication by handling both internal and external inquiries for the Archive.
• Coordinate meetings and catering.
• Coordinator scheduling tours of the Film Archive.
• Manage and distribute pertinent information for the Film Archive and Pickford Center of Motion Picture Study, including coordinating daily routines with building staff and providing support when needed.
• Manage office supply inventory.
• Pay all incoming vendor invoices and collect monies from various sources including reimbursements, donations, and income.
• Research contemporary film and assemble descriptions, credits, etc.
• Coordinate weekend Academy Member screenings as needed.
• 2+ years professional administrative experience in a comparable environment.
• Knowledge of film history and film literature.
• Basic bookkeeping skills with working knowledge of Quickbooks.
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to deal clearly with the public in person and over the phone.
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability to proofread work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must be highly organized, self-motivated, service-oriented, and able to work effectively with administrators, colleagues and patrons.
• Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to alphabetize, organize, and accurately refile materials.
• Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Filemaker Pro.
• Must have a high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion to deal with donors and patrons.