Job Opening Title: CEO for the Galt Museum & Archives in Lethbridge, AB
Employer Name: Select People Solutions
Job Location: Lethbridge, AB
Application Deadline: Feb 18, 2020
Link to job posting: https://bit.ly/3aApmhB
Years of experience required: 8+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: To apply for this position, please scroll to the bottom of the page for instructions.
The Galt Museum & Archives is the dedicated preserver and educator of Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta’s history, and they are looking for their next CEO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Working with the board and staff to develop a strategic plan for innovation, improvements, and growth
* Acting as the chief spokesperson to amplify key messages and increase support for & understanding of the museum’s purpose and goals
* Building and sustaining relationships with local, regional, national, and international communities that affect the organization
* Managing the operating budget by ensuring resources are being utilized efficiently and exploring initiatives that impact future viability and capacity
* Hiring, evaluating, and supervising staff and volunteers
* Board administration and support
* Developing and implementing fundraising initiatives
* Overseeing quality delivery of all programs, products, and services
* Master’s Degree in relevant discipline; Sociology, History, Commerce, etc.
* 8+ years of supervisory experience in a museum, archive, or similar facility
* Confidence in making decisions that align with the organization’s mission, the needs of the Board, and the public
* Effective public speaking skills
* Demonstrated experience in financial management and strategic planning
Compensation & Hours:
* There will be ongoing opportunities for professional development
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in MS Word format to Samantha Friesen at Samantha.Friesen@selectrecruiting.ca
Founded in 1998, Select People Solutions is a locally owned, full-service recruitment, executive search, temporary staffing, and HR consulting firm. We partner with hundreds of companies throughout Southern Alberta to find them staff. Our goal is to provide job seekers with additional tools to connect them with meaningful employment opportunities, which is why we offer a range of employment options in our four divisions – agriculture, industrial, professional, and office. We look forward to hearing from you!