Job Opening Title: Local History & Genealogy Supervisor
Employer Name: Berkshire Athenaeum
Job Location: Pittsfield, MA
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Link to job posting: https://mblc.state.ma.us/jobs/find_jobs/display_jobs.php?job_id=15148
Years of experience required: Some
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: We are looking for an experienced captain for our local history and genealogy team. A visionary, flexible professional will lead our friendly, knowledgeable, supportive staff to build the next level of our Local History, Genealogy, Herman Melville, and Berkshire Authors collections and services. Our collections of historical documents, photos, manuscripts, artifacts and publications are strong and our colleagues are wise and motivated. We are looking for someone who is ready to go down some new and adventurous roads that will honor this past and imagine a future that engages new and wider audiences.
Does this describe you?
– Masters Degree in Library Science.
– Knowledge of reference, archive, and genealogy services.
– Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills; dynamic and self motivated.
– Progressively responsible library experience, including management and supervisory experience.
– Comfortable learning about and using new and changing library technology.
– Demonstrated patience and skill in dealing with general public.
$23.05 to $30.21 per hour in ten steps ($41,951 to $54,982 Annually)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://cityofpittsfield.hyrell.com/UI/Views/Applicant/VirtualStepPositionDetails.aspx?TemplateId=311526