Job Opening Title: Archives Assistant
Employer Name: Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada Archives
Job Location: London, Ontario
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020
Salary Range: $18.50 per hour plus benefits
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 2
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Archives Assistant, The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada Archives
Organization: The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada Archives is the consolidated archives of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Hamilton, London, Peterborough, and Pembroke, who amalgamated to form one charitable organization in 2012
Mission Statement: The mission of the archives is to preserve and share the history and charism of the Congregation. The archives preserves, arranges, describes and provides access to records of enduring value related to the governance, ministries and members of the Congregation.
Position Summary: The archives seeks a highly motivated and organized individual for the position of Archives Assistant. This position works under the guidance of the Congregational Archivist and assists with a variety of archival tasks.
Status: Reduced full-time, permanent position beginning May 1, 2020; 30 hours per week; Tuesday to Friday, 9:00-5:00 or Monday to Thursday, 9:00-5:00.
• Assists with reference inquiries
• Processes, arranges and describes manuscripts, photographs, audiovisual materials, artifacts, and born-digital materials
• Digitizes photographs, slides, negatives, and audio recordings
• Assists with in-house displays, travelling exhibits, and on-line exhibits
• Performs data entry and helps maintain databases
• MLIS or MAS degree
• Training in records management
• Knowledge of privacy and copyright legislation
• Minimum of two years work experience in an archives
• Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Preference will be given to applicants with strong technical skills including experience with open source software, database design, and web design
• Must be able to lift and move materials up to 40 lbs.
Accountability: The Archives Assistant reports to the Congregational Archivist.
Salary Range: $18.50 per hour plus benefits.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references by mail by March 30, 2020 to:
Mary Kosta, Congregational Archivist
PO Box 487
London, ON N6A 4X3
No emails please.