Job Opening Title: Project Consultant/Contractor
Employer Name: New York Public Radio
Job Location: New York, New York
Application Deadline: March 20, 2020
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The NYPR archive seeks a contractor to perform consulting work with respect to the New York Public Radio Archives’ multi-year digitization project, including the components detailed below
• Create a master schedule for the project, taking into account pre-determined yearly budgets as set by NYPR
• Create RFPs and help evaluate vendor responses
• Match NYPR collections with appropriate vendors taking into account NYPR staff capacity and time
• Recommend and set up workflows, identify supplies, and (if necessary) evaluate specialized transport companies to safely and reliably transport physical items to and from vendors
• Evaluate, in consultation with NYPR staff, quality-control procedures for audio data and metadata
• Recommend and advise on setting up safe and effective ingest mechanisms for the resulting files from vendors, consistent with New York Public Radio’s current IT infrastructure.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Andy Lanset, Director of Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not call.