Job Opening Title: Program Assistant
Employer Name: WiLS/Recollection Wisconsin
Job Location: Wisconsin or upper Midwest area
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020
Salary Range: $40,000
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 1-2
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Digital Readiness Program Assistant, WiLS (Wisconsin Library Services)
Join our team! We’re looking for a program assistant to work with Recollection Wisconsin program staff at WiLS to support a one-year, National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)-funded initiative, Developing a Wisconsin Digital Readiness Community of Practice. This collaborative, community-driven program will foster the skills and infrastructure necessary for digital readiness in small and under-resourced Wisconsin history organizations, including local, county, and specialized historical societies and historic preservation organizations.
• Collaborate with Recollection Wisconsin and Wisconsin Historical Society staff and members of the Community of Practice (CoP) Launch Committee and working groups to learn about common needs and challenges.
• Schedule and organize monthly virtual meetings of the Launch Committee.
• Work closely with local hosts to support the planning and implementation of five public outreach events (virtual or, conditions permitting, in-person).
• Create content to support the CoP including a digital readiness resources directory and case studies.
• Create and distribute promotional materials and communications with and about the CoP.
• Gather and analyze feedback from digital fairs and share with program staff and Launch Committee.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Foundational knowledge of digital stewardship work including key terminology and best practices for creating, managing and preserving digital content.
• Experience planning and implementing community engagement events.
• ability to collaborate effectively with staff and volunteers from a variety of Wisconsin cultural heritage institutions, representing a broad range of experience levels, resources, and skills.
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing, by phone, and using distance technologies.
• Comfortable working remotely using a variety of virtual project management and communication tools such as Google Suite, Zoom, Slack and/or Dropbox. Access to high-speed internet to facilitate virtual, remote work required.
• Ability to travel in Wisconsin during the grant period (conditions permitting). Travel expenses reimbursed.
• Bachelor’s degree in history, public history, museum studies, digital humanities or related field required. Recent graduates from graduate programs in library or information science, museum studies, public history or related fields are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER?
WiLS offers a flexible work environment (we are a virtual office) and a somewhat flexible schedule. The program assistant will be expected to work some hours each weekday between the hours of 7 am-6 pm, with flexibility within these parameters. WiLS team members are creative, hardworking, and extremely passionate about our work. It’s an opportunity to work in an organization focused on innovation and improvement, both internally and in the work we do with our community. For more information about WiLS, visit https://www.wils.org/.
Start date: October 1, 2020
Salary: $40,000. Paid time off for vacation and sick leave. Access to benefits through QTI.
This is a full time, grant-funded, limited term position (October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021). For more information about Recollection Wisconsin and the Digital Readiness Community of Practice, see: https://recollectionwisconsin.org/cop.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF to Vicki Tobias (email@example.com) by August 1, 2020. Please indicate “WiLS Program Assistant” in the subject line and name your file [your last name]_WiLSProgramAssistant.