Job Opening Title: Assistant Professor Digital Preservation and Curation
Employer Name: University of Alabama
Job Location: Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
Link to job posting:https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The University of Alabama School of Library and Information Studies is currently accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Digital Preservation and Curation, with preference given to candidates whose expertise connects to the social justice mission of the school. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Possess expertise in the ﬁeld of digital preservation and curation
• Doctorate earned or nearing completion in library & information studies, archival studies, information science, or a cognate area (must be completed prior to start date)
• Documented evidence of ability to establish and maintain a sustained and rigorous research agenda
• Demonstrated teaching ability, including ability to teach in our social justice-driven curriculum
• Demonstrated commitment to professional service
Review of applications will begin January 15th, 2021 and will be accepted until the position is filled. The final deadline to apply is April 1st, 2021. View the full position description and apply online through the University of Alabama job portal: https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/.