Lots of scholarship deadlines from various professional organizations are coming up soon! Here’s a list of the ones I know about… do you know about more that are due in the next month or two? Drop me a line at email@example.com and I will add them to this post.
Normally I include information about travel/conference registration funding in this annual round-up post, and I have done so when it’s clear that these opportunities are available in this time of continuing uncertainty. If you know of additional awards that cover registration/travel for professional conferences, please let me know and I’ll add them.
Graduate Education Funding/Scholarships
- David B. Gracy II scholarship (for SSA student members enrolled in graduate programs in the SSA Region), due Feb 15
Society of American Archivists (SAA):
- Gerald Ham & Elsie Ham Scholarship, due Feb 28
- The Mosaic Scholarship (provides financial and mentoring support to students of color pursuing graduate education in archival science), due Feb 28
- The Josephine Forman Scholarship (provides financial support to minority students pursuing graduate education in archival science), due Feb 28
Midwest Archives Conference (MAC):
- Archie Motley scholarship for minority students, due March 1
American Library Association (ALA):
- Main Scholarship Information Homepage. All applications due by March 1, through the single online application clearing house (linked on scholarship page). ALA offers many scholarships; many are intended for those studying in a specific practice area or for those who are members of an underrepresented group in the LIS field.
Conference Funding for Students/New Professionals
National Council on Public History (NCPH):
- Student Project/Virtual Conference Awards, due Jan 13
Society of California Archivists:
- James V. Mink Scholarship, due January 15
Society of Southwest Archivists:
- John Michael Caldwell Student Scholarship, due Feb 15
Society of American Archivists:
- Available Awards, due Feb 28
AWE Fund – mutual aid emergency fund, need-based support of up to $1000 for archival workers. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are currently open.