Job Opening Title: Archives & Exhibits Internship
Employer Name: National Comedy Center
Job Location: Jamestown, NY and Remote Options Available
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Salary Range: Unpaid Internship
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The National Comedy Center is currently seeking interns for its internship program. This is a great opportunity to get involved with an award-winning non-profit cultural institution and national-scale destination in order to gain real-world experience, learn new skills and make connections. The state-of-the-art National Comedy Center was recently named the “Best New Museum” in the country by USA Today and one of the “World’s Greatest Places” by TIME magazine. The Comedy Center’s award-winning LaughSafe health and safety program, developed in consultation with leading healthcare provider UPMC, has reimagined health and safety protocols for the COVID era, keeping the experience worry-free and touch-free for staff, interns and visitors.
The Archives and Exhibits Intern will assist in the development and installation of new exhibits, as well as support ongoing research and preservation initiatives.
Remote internships, as well as partial remote/partial on-site arrangements, will be considered for 2021.
ARCHIVES & EXHIBITS INTERN
– Assist in conservation and preservation of paper, photography, costumes, and other comedy industry memorabilia.
– Contribute to design, installation, and maintenance of National Comedy Center and Lucy Desi Museum exhibitions.
– Conduct and present detailed research about the history of comedy.
– Support Archives & Exhibitions staff in implementing special exhibits and events during the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival.
– Intern must be able to commit to a minimum of 5-20 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
– Must be versed in/interested in the history of comedy (Please convey any area specialties within your application).
– Advanced knowledge of archival handling and processing techniques is an asset, but not a requirement.
– Must be an undergraduate or MA student pursuing a career in museum studies, archives, history, or a related field.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are open to internships during the Fall, Winter, and Spring semester. Phone/Skype interviews are also available for students who are unable to interview in Jamestown.