Job Opening Title: Paid Fellowship
Employer Name: The Phillips Collection
Job Location: Fellowship
Application Deadline: May 1
Salary Range: TBD
Link to job posting: https://www.phillipscollection.org/paid-fellowships
Years of experience required: 2-4 years
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Phillips Collection’s fellowship program is open to full-time undergraduate students, full-time graduate students, and recent graduates. The purpose of the fellowship program is to offer students and recent graduates meaningful work, educational experiences, and real-life practice in their fields of academic study and/or interest.
The Archives, a section of the Library & Archives Fellow will work under the supervision of the Digital Assets Librarian. They will work mostly with physical material, databases, and ArchivesSpace.
Duration: The fellowship program will run from June 2021 to June 2020. Fellowship length and schedule may vary depending on the needs of the department.
Academic Credit: Depending on the nature of the internship and approval of the student’s college or university, academic credit may be granted for internships. Student applicants should consult their academic advisor for additional information.
Please submit a résumé, letter of interest, two letters of recommendation, and complete transcripts.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Roll out the use of archival finding aids with staff and implement modern protocol throughout the archive.
· Work on creating and implementing an archival record access plan.
· Maintain an archival database.
· Look for ways to make more of the archive available to the public as well as internal researchers.
· Create and show more creative connections between archival material and pieces of the permanent collection.
· Update the physical archive and reflect these changes in finding aids.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Education or job experience working as an archivist.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Experience with databases, spreadsheets, and/or collections management systems.
· Knowledge of DACS, FADGI, and/or EAD.
· Ability to work independently.
· Graduate student or recent graduate preferred.
· Must be comfortable handling original documents and delicate material
· Ability to lift 25 lb.s preferred.