Job Opening Title: Assitant Archivist & Digitization Technician
Employer Name: Photographer and Private Collector
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Salary Range: $20/hour
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 0-2
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Photographer and Private Collector seeks a part-time assistant archivist/digitization technician to digitize photo prints and negatives, and to aid in the maintenance, organization, and inventory of large digital and physical collections.
The position starts the week of June 7th, in Los Angeles.
$20/hour, 20 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Must be able to work on-site, and follow COVID-19 safety regulations. There is a private work area and restroom.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
– Inspecting, scanning, and re-housing photographs and negatives.
– Tagging, organizing, and performing image searches in Lightroom.
– Technical assistance with large-format photo printers.
– Other archival tasks as assigned.
– Handling all matters with discretion.
– Proficiency in Mac OS and Excel
– Experience handling photographs, negatives, and fine
– Familiarity with Adobe Lightroom
– Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
– Demonstrated attention to detail, organization, judgement,
– Ability to take assignments and work independently
– Ability to problem solve, specifically with technical issues
Qualifications (preferred, willing to train):
– Familiarity with Silverfast, Photoshop, and other scanning & printing applications
– Familiarity with image and video file formats, codecs, and other specifications
– Familiarity with Epson scanners and printers
– Familiarity with photo retouching, editing, preparing files, and printing photographs on large-scale printers
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to JP.archives.LA@gmail.com. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. To be considered, please apply by May 22nd. Interviews will take place over Zoom, and training will begin the week of June 7th.