Job Opening Title: University Records Manager
Employer Name: The University of Akron
Job Location: Akron, Ohio
Application Deadline: June 14, 2021
Salary Range: starts at $42,000 annually
Link to job posting: https://www.uakron.edu/hr/job-openings/openings.dot
Years of experience required: Two (2) years’ experience in records management
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: University Records Manager
The University of Akron
Archival Services of University Libraries at The University of Akron seeks to fill the position of University Records Manager. The University Records Manager works under the direction of the University Archivist & Head of Archival Services and in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel to administer and maintain a campus-wide records management program.
• Recommends and maintains records retention schedule for university records both in paper and digital format.
• Maintain records management database and inventory in archives facility.
• Ensure proper and timely disposal of non-permanent records, and assist with appraisal, selection, and preservation of university archival records.
• Implement and maintain standard operating policies, procedures and guidelines for the creation, storage, retrieval, classification, destruction, and archiving of university records in all formats, including electronic.
• Develop and deliver a robust training program for records management liaisons and provide advice and consultation to departments on university records.
• Ensure compliance and participate at the state level to remain current with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations regarding records retention and disposition.
• Respond to information inquiries and provide reference services.
• Gather and organize statistics and prepare reports.
• Update and maintain the Records Management website.
• Work with archives staff and assist the archives with other projects as assigned.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree, preferably in history, English, or business.
• Two (2) years’ experience in records management.
• Solid grasp of technology and records laws and policies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to build effective working relationships across a variety of campus units.
• Project management skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills required.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to stand/walk on rough surfaces for long periods, bend and/or stoop, and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
• Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation.
• Master’s degree, particularly MLIS or MA in history.
• General knowledge of archival processes and procedures or prior work in an archives environment.
• Prior work experience with content management and/or institutional repository systems.
COMMENTS: Applicants should send a cover letter, full resume documenting education and relevant experience, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO: Applications must be submitted on The University of Akron’s Jobs Board. For questions about the position, please contact S. Victor Fleischer, University Archivist, Head of Archival Services, and Chair of the University Records Manager Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put position name in subject line.
For complete positon details, visit https://www.uakron.edu/hr/job-openings/openings.dot Job ID# 12826.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Review of applications will begin June 14, 2021. Open until filled.
About The University of Akron:
As one of the largest employers in the region, The University of Akron is creating a community and workforce committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and in the region. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to qualified candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists, and leaders.
The salary range for this position starts at $42,000 annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Akron, as an equal education and employment institution, is committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified individuals in its education programs or activities, including applicants for admissions or employment, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. To further their commitment, the University complies with state and federal laws which prohibit discrimination. Questions or concerns about the administration of this commitment can be directed to the University’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office (uakron.edu/hr/eeoaa).