Job Opening Title: Archivist
Employer Name: Barrington Stage Company
Job Location: Pittsfield, MA
Salary Range: $35,600
Link to job posting: https://barringtonstageco.org/about-the-company/jobs/
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Barrington Stage Company (BSC) is seeking an Archivist to join our Artistic team. BSC is a not-for-profit professional theatre company in the Berkshires with a three-fold mission: to produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs.
Barrington Stage is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
Main Duties Include:
– Acquire, process, arrange, and describe all records of archival merit as are appropriate for the June M. Guertin Archives at Barrington Stage Company.
– Develop, implement, and oversee policies for all archival operations.
– Conduct on-demand digitization and manage larger digitization projects. Identify materials in the collections that are priorities for digitization.
– Respond to all internal and external reference requests in a timely manner. Provide accurate, thorough information to requestors.
– Conduct oral history interviews with key members of Barrington Stage Company’s history as determined by the archivist and the Artistic Director.
The successful candidate will have:
– Familiarity with archival collections including physical and digital records, and experience handling and preserving archival materials.
– Demonstrated knowledge of archival best practices, preservation standards, and descriptive standards including DACS, Dublin Core, and controlled vocabularies.
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
– Ability to work independently, set priorities, and carry out tasks with minimal supervision as well as a willingness to work in a team setting.
– Comfortable working on PC and Mac platforms and familiarity with Google Suite.
– Willingness to self-educate and learn relevant skills (such as videography, programs in the Adobe suite, or Intuiface) and theatrical terminology to fulfill the duties listed above.
– Knowledge of videography is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position is full-time and pays $35,600 annually with housing provided for the first two months. This position reports to the Artistic Director. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Archivist in the subject line.