Job Opening Title: PT Archives Intern
Employer Name: Claretian Missionaries Archives
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
Salary Range: $18/hr.
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Claretian Missionaries Archives USA-Canada seeks to hire a part-time archives intern to assist in processing primarily AV collections. This position requires being on-site at our downtown Chicago location, 205 W. Monroe Street.
The Claretian Missionaries Archives is the official repository of all materials which pertain to the origin, history, and development, and mission of the Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary of the United States and Canada. The Claretian Missionaries Archives is one of the largest collections of Catholic Latino materials in the United States. In addition, the archives holds Claretian publications and materials that pertain to the St. Jude Devotion. The archives serve as the repository of non-current records and has extensive professional photograph collections, oral interviews, films, and slides.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inventory the AV collection
• Develop a strategy to process the AV material
• Digitize analog material
• Develop appropriate metadata and upload material onto a content management system
• Assist the archivists with other duties as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Graduate student pursuing an MLIS focusing on archival studies
• Knowledge of data content standards such as DACS, EAD, & RDA
• Knowledge of metadata schemas such as Dublin Core
• Knowledge of controlled vocabularies such as AAT, TGN, LCSH
• Familiarity with CONTENTdm
• Familiarity with Audacity
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently or with a team
This position is part-time, 20 hours a week at a rate of $18/hr. It is a one year position with the possibility of being extended.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com