Job Opening Title: Archival Assistant
Employer Name: Expert Archive Consulting
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 0-5
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Expert Archive Consulting is a records management and archival consulting company looking to expand its roster. As a consulting firm, we assist clients with all their records management and archives needs including but not limited to implementation and maintenance of records management and archival programs.
Expert Archive Consulting is currently seeking an Archival Assistant for a renewable, long-term contract position to commence as soon as possible. The chosen candidate will assist a pre-existing consultant team in a Corporate Archive environment with day-to-day tasks and gain practical experience in the records management and archival field. The position is four days a week.
Reporting to their project lead, the Archives Assistant will:
• assist with fulfilling client needs according to project guidelines;
• assist with the day-to-day tasks associated with their client and project;
• assist with completing weekly project reports;
• assist with administrative tasks related to their project; and
• other duties as assigned.
The Archival Consultant must:
• be a recent MLIS graduate;
• And/or pursuing a Master’s Degree in Information Studies or equivalent.
• have strong knowledge of records management and ISO standards.
• have strong knowledge of archival standards and practice.
The Archival Consultant should:
• be able to communicate both orally and written in English and French;
• be detail-oriented with strong analysis skills;
• be independently motivated;
• be able to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for the position please email resumes to: email@example.com