ob Opening Title: Contract Processing Archivist
Employer Name: Knights of Columbus
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Application Deadline: August 10, 2021
Salary Range: $25-30/hour depending on experience
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 1-3 preferred
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Summary: The Contract Processing Archivist will assist the Supreme Council Archivist in processing and preparing materials for digitization. This is a unique opportunity for those who have an interest in fraternal organizations, religious history, and/or archives in museums. This position provides a unique opportunity to work in an evolving corporate archive that recently has reorganized, is migrating its database to ArchivesSpace, and is migrating finding aids online.
Preference will be given to archivists with 1-3 years experience, but LIS or history graduate students are encouraged to apply. The position is full time Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 from September 1 to November 30, 2021, with the possibility of renewal.
Responsibilities: The Contract Processing Archivists will assist with a wide variety of archival tasks. Projects include, but are not necessarily limited to:
– Processing and rehousing of physical assets in preparation for digitization.
– Preparation of finding aids for entry into ArchivesSpace, a content management system (CMS).
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
-Candidates should possess an MLIS/MIS. Graduate students in Library and Information Science or history with concentrations in Archival Administration or Library Science are encouraged to apply.
– Familiarity with archival best practices.
– Experience with archival processing.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Demonstrated ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
– Familiarity with content management systems. Experience with ArchivesSpace highly desirable.
– All hires must pass a drug screening and background check before beginning work.
– Office Environment
– Moderate Lifting (15-30 lbs)
– Monday – Friday Hours
– Tobacco and Drug Free
Salary: $25-30/hour based on experience.
Submit cover letter, resume, and names of references to VivianLea Solek, Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives, 1 State St., New Haven, CT, 06511 or to email@example.com. Application materials are due by August 10, 2021. Position to begin September 1, 2021.