Job Opening Title: Digitization Manager
Employer Name: Stonewall National Museum & Archives
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Salary Range: $20/hour for 25 hours/week
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 2-3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: 1300 East Sunrise Boulevard ● Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304
p 954-763-8565 ● www.Stonewall-Museum.org
Posting Date: August 17, 2021
Position Posting: Digitization Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Part-Time: Approximately 25 hours per week $20/hour (unbenefited)
Stonewall National Museum & Archives (SNMA), located in Fort Lauderdale, is one of the largest LGBTQ libraries in the US with more than 28,000 volumes. Our archive has more than 2,700 linear feet of material containing more than 6 million pages of materials. Most of our holdings date from 1950 to the present day. Learn more at Stonewall-Museum.org.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, we are able to hire a part-time individual to serve as Digitization Manager to take the first steps in digitizing SNMA.
This position supports the SNMA’s efforts to make collections more publicly accessible. The Digitization Manager is responsible for preparing materials for digitization and managing digital materials, including the creation of metadata records and policies regarding the creation and storage of digital materials.
Using the Summer 2021 report and recommendations by History Associates, Inc. essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Oversee preparation of materials for digitization.
• Collaborate with volunteers to process archival materials in accordance with professional standards and best practices.
• Create and manage descriptive metadata.
• Assist in the selection of a digital management system.
• Manage digital repository assets and workflows.
• Assist Executive Director and Collections Specialist with policy development, policy implementation, planning, and oversight of archival operations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working with digital asset management platforms and performing digital asset lifecycle maintenance.
• Familiarity with digital asset rights, digital copyright, and related legal issues.
• Knowledge of current metadata standards and file formats.
• High level of organization and experience working in archival setting.
• Strong project management, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to approach complex problems, offer solutions and adapt to change.
• Master’s degree in library and information sciences, curatorial studies or other affiliated areas preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in digital archives or similar area.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to SNMA Executive Director Hunter O’Hanian at Hunter@Stonewall-Museum.org. Please insert the title Digitization Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Stonewall National Museum & Archives treats all applicants for employment fairly, basing hiring decisions on individual qualifications to fill available positions. In addition, Stonewall National Museum & Archives is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other category prohibited by law.