Job Opening Title: Archives and Records Management Coordinator II
Employer Name: The City of Portland Office of the Auditor, Archives & Records Management division
Job Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021
Salary Range: $55,370 – $102,648
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Position:
The City Auditor’s Office is seeking an inquisitive, collaborative, organized, and public service-minded archivist to join the Archives and Records Management division as our Archives and Records Management Coordinator II.
As the sixth elected official in the City of Portland, the Auditor is independent of City Council and accountable only to the public. The Auditor’s Office promotes open and accountable government by providing results of impartial reviews and investigations, access to public information, and services for City government and the public. It employs 51 staff members working in five divisions, one of which is Archives and Records Management.
The division operates the City of Portland Archives and Records Center, making records accessible to the public and City employees for research and inspection. The division sets record retention and preservation policies and guidelines, administers the City’s electronic records management system, serves as the City’s expert on records issues, and provides services to help City employees manage their electronic and physical records. The Archives contains an extensive collection of records dating back to 1851 in a variety of formats. The division partners with community groups, heritage organizations, and individuals working on initiatives that connect local history with the community.
As the Archives and Records Management Coordinator II, you will:
• Oversee Reading Room operations and perform reference services for City employees and the public, including in-person and distance reference work.
• Train, assign tasks, and evaluate the performance of interns, volunteers, and part-time staff who support the Reading Room.
• Develop and deliver training on using the Archives and conducting research.
• Develop, organize, and manage community engagement and special events to increase awareness and access to City records; develop marketing and outreach plans; draft press releases and outreach materials.
• Work with community groups, allied professionals, colleagues and other groups to further the Division’s mission and objectives and to create and maintain reciprocal relationships.
We are looking for an archivist who has a commitment to customer/public service and developing and maintaining positive relationships, has extensive experience providing archival reference, has excellent communications skills, is detail and task oriented, and is committed to providing equitable and transparent access to records through thoughtful research and reference service. The best candidates will love working with a wide-range of people.
Successful candidates will demonstrate their knowledge and experience in: providing archival reference, developing and participating in community engagement activities, leading and mentoring people, and creating and maintaining an inclusive, respectful, and culturally responsive workplace.
Application materials must be submitted through the online application system. The full job description and instructions can be found at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/3202012/archives-and-records-management-coordinator-ii?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Please note: We are also recruiting for an Archives and Records Management Coordinator III position which focuses on collections management. The job description and instructions can be found at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/3174705/archives-and-records-management-coordinator-iii?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Recruitment Timeline (subject to change)
• Posting: 8/23 – 9/20
• Applications Reviewed: Week of 9/24
• First interview: Week of 10/11
• Second interview: Week of 10/18
• Job Offer: early November