Job Opening Title: Archivist
Employer Name: History Associates
Job Location: Los Angeles, California
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Overview
The archives department at History Associates (HAI) is looking for experienced archivists to join our dynamic team of professionals for a project in Los Angeles, CA. Individuals will be hired as full-time employees working for History Associates. Expected start date is January 2022. If you meet the qualifications, and can commit to a one-year project, this is the position for you.
Working under the supervision of a project manager, the archivists will be responsible for surveying, rehousing, cataloging, describing, and collecting metadata for high level finding aids.
The position will involve both working independently and as a team member with History Associates and clients.
• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, Archives and Records Administration, or another applicable field
• Minimum 3 years of experience working on archives projects
• Experience with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software
• Strong Attention to detail
• Proven experience working as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with archives information management programs, such as ArchivesSpace
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
• Life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• Sick and holiday leave
• 401(k) profit sharing plan
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three references with e-mail addresses to email@example.com
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.