Job Opening Title: Entry Level Media Archivist / Media Archivist
Employer Name: Paramount Pictures
Job Location: Los Angeles
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Salary Range: 22.26 – 27.82 hourly
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 1 – 4
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Entry Level Media Archivist – Paramount Pictures, Los Angeles, CA
Paramount Pictures seeks a creative, intuitive, and focused photo archivist for their Stills Archive team. This is a full-time position for current Local 700 members or those who wish to join Local 700 (IATSE) after a 30-day work period.
The Entry Level Media Archivist/Media Archivist will be responsible for supporting ongoing photography preservation and special archive projects within the Stills Archive team, part of the larger Asset Management group at Paramount Pictures. They will work in collaboration with colleagues across the Asset Management group as well as external clients at times. This position will work with physical materials in a variety of formats including photographic prints, slides, negatives of all formats, contact sheets, original artwork, memorabilia, as well as born digital assets.
IATSE benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; pension plans; access to IATSE events, classes, and workshops.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete archival processing and descriptive work as assigned on physical and born digital collections
• Verify new archival asset content and technical attributes
• Create and update digital and physical inventory records
• Track archive material locations
• Physical material shipping
• Assist on the organization of our scanning queue
• Run reports on titles and maintain integrity of archive title element coverage
• Contribute to the maintenance of standards-based measures and metrics
• Fulfill archive research requests from internal or external clients
• Performs other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field
• Knowledge of photography and cinema history
• Knowledge of current archival best practices
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Experience working both collaboratively and independently
• Ability to lift boxes up to 20 pounds
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
• Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite software
• ALA-accredited master’s degree (MLIS) or equivalent experience in the field
• Experience appraising, arranging, and describing archive collections
• Experience handling rare and fragile materials
• Ability to identify various photographic mediums and materials
• Experience using archival management systems
• Experience processing born-digital materials
• Ability for creative problem solving
Email resume and cover letter to:
Lead Media Archivist
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.