Job Opening Title: Archivist
Employer Name: History Associates Incorporated
Job Location: Baton Rouge LA
Application Deadline: 12/27/21
Salary Range: 45,000-47,000
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 3
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Overview
The archives department at History Associates (HAI) is looking for an experienced archivist to join our dynamic team of professionals for a project in Baton Rouge, LA. Individuals will be hired as full-time employees to work specifically on this project for a time period of 12-14 months. If you meet the qualifications, and can commit to a one-year project, this is the position for you.
Working under the supervision of a Rockville-based project manager, the archivist will be responsible for inventorying, arranging, rehousing, describing, collecting metadata, and managing digitization for unprocessed photographic material, audiovisual material, and memorabilia.
The position will involve both working independently and as a remote team member with History Associates, our industry partners, and our clients.
• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, Archives and Records Administration, or another applicable field
• Minimum 3 years of experience working on archives projects
• Experience with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software
• Experience creating EAD Findings Aids
• Strong Attention to detail
• Proven experience working as an independent archivist and as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with archives information management programs, such as ArchivesSpace
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Experience working in an academic/University environment
• Experience managing digitization projects
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
• Life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• Paid vacation
• Sick and holiday leave
• 401(k) profit sharing plan
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three references with e-mail addresses to Doris Miles, email@example.com
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation