Job Opening Title: Archival Intern
Employer Name: Troup County Archives
Job Location: LaGrange, Georgia
Salary Range: Unpaid Internship
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.:
The Troup County Archives seeks a dedicated archival intern to assist with processing a large collection of architectural drawings.
Archival work will include:
● Identifying pertinent metadata to inventory architectural drawings.
● Entering pertinent data into the project database.
● Placing each architectural drawing into protective sleeving.
Mentoring will include learning about:
● Best practices for preservation and storage of oversized materials.
● Working for local historical society and archives
● Providing records management and archival services to local governments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate for this position will be working toward (or already received) a degree in archives, collections management, library science, or public history. The candidate will enjoy local history and processing a government collection for future public access and research. They
can work well independently and have the skills necessary to receive training and apply it in the future.
They will exhibit attention to detail, a willingness to learn on the job, the ability to follow Troup County Archives processing guidelines, excellent decision-making skills, and a self-driven work ethic. This position is ideal for anyone with an interest in archival processing, government archives, or historical materials.
This internship can be for spring, summer, or fall of 2022. This is an unpaid internship but can be used for college credit if needed.
To apply for this internship send your resume to email@example.com