Job Opening Title: Archivist/Records Manager
Employer Name: CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF YOUNGSTOWN
Job Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Application Deadline: 02/04/2022
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000
Link to job posting: https://doy.org/about-us/job-openings/page/2/
Years of experience required: 4
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Archivist/Records Manager
Reports to: Chancellor
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Administers the archives, records management program, and the electronic document management systems under the direction of the Chancellor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Administers the Diocesan Archives and Records Management Programs.
2. Administers the diocesan electronic document management system.
3. Drafts and implements policies and procedures to administer current and archival records.
4. Prepares and administers the annual archives budget.
5. Serves as main archives and records liaison to diocesan offices, parishes, schools, institutions, and organizations as well as to professional organizations and the general community.
6. Administers the diocesan records protection program including records retention, restoration, destruction, and digitizing/Microfilming vital records.
7. Serves as general editor to the archives publication program.
8. Administers the use of archives by researchers.
9. Trains or provides training/educational opportunities for staff.
10. Serves as historian for special diocesan publications and programs.
1. Directly supervises archives employees according to diocesan policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
2. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns; and resolving issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Science, Archives and Preservation, History or related field
• At least four years related experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience in design and implementation of archival systems preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the structure and basic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
• Practicing Roman Catholic, active in parish ministry, preferred
• Proficiency with various software and technology related to archival duties including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, files management, webpage development, scanning, copying, photography, electronic media, and electronic storage
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
3. LANGUAGE SKILLS
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional, scientific and technical journals, finance reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to effectively present information to top management, staff, public groups, and/or boards of directors and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patrons, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise archives material including policies, reports, forms, and correspondence and to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to accepted style and format.
• Preference given to ability to read and interpret at least one foreign language common in the area. Latin preferred.
4. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to administer effectively the archives budget, financial transactions, and statistical reports.
• Ability to work with and apply fundamental mathematical concepts including probability, statistical analysis, percentages, rations, and projections.
5. REASONING SKILLS
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form while managing abstract and concrete variables.
6. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
• None required
• Preference given to Certified Archivist (CA), and/or Certified Records Manager (CRM)
7. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
8. WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with physical disabilities
• Climate-controlled, secure, predominantly office work environment
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and three (3) professional references by February 4th, 2022 to email@example.com. Résumés accepted until position is filled.