Job Opening Title: RESEARCH LIBRARIAN / ARCHIVIST
Employer Name: Fairfield Museum and History Center
Job Location: Fairfield, CT
Application Deadline: February 14, 2022
Salary Range: $35/ hour
Link to job posting: https://www.fairfieldhistory.org/support/employment/
Years of experience required: 3-5
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Fairfield Museum in Fairfield, CT seeks a Research Librarian / Archivist to oversee the administration, care, and management of the Fairfield Museum’s humanities research library, including archival, photographic, genealogical, and reference holdings, as well as the oversight of public access to those collections. For a full position description, visit: https://www.fairfieldhistory.org/support/employment/
Applicants should bring creative energy, careful attention to detail, and enthusiasm to their work, and have 3-5 years of relevant and progressive work experience. Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school, or equivalent accredited degree, with formal training in archival theory and practice. In selected instances, a post-graduate degree in museum studies or a related discipline in the humanities or social sciences may be substituted for a master’s degree in library science. Applicants should also clearly demonstrate their ability and experience with:
• Principles, concepts, and techniques of archival work, including analysis, organization, and description of archival materials.
• Knowledge of American and/or Connecticut history, or other related subject areas, necessary to process and describe regional history archival collections.
• Familiarity with genealogical research and resources.
• Ability to build and maintain professional relationships and provide liaison services.
• Knowledge of library reference and research services.
• Be an energetic self-starter who can work independently, creative problem solver, effective leader, and enthusiastic advocate of the Fairfield Museum’s mission.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of audiences.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, cataloging databases (Collective Access and Omeka), and archival management software, and online platforms for sharing library resources
The Research Librarian / Archivist is a part-time position, working approximately 28 hours / week, Wednesdays through Saturdays. Starting compensation is $35 / hour with accrued paid time off .The Fairfield Museum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant experience by February 14th, 2022 to: email@example.com.